A regional NGO would like to engage a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to flu the position of Liaison Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job objective and purpose:
The Liaison Officer will serve as the point of contact in Nairobi, Kenya reporting to the organization’s head office in Kampala. Uganda. In this capacity the Liaison Officer will meet the organization’s key stakeholders, market its activities and administer training programmes Nairobi.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Serve as the organization’s point of contact in Nairobi, Kenya. Receiving and officially responding to applicants’ and programme participants’ communications, applications and inquiries and filing them in an orderly manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer training programmes, in Nairobi for professional-level participants from across the sub-Saharan African region.
- Spearhead the organization’s business development efforts in Nairobi, including meeting with key stakeholders and marketing programmes to potential participants.
- Regularly maintain the organization’s electronic contacts database and engage in target mailing.
Must hold as a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Law, International Relations or related field from an internationally recognized university. A Masters degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years relevant working experience preferably with a regional or international organization. Previous experience in handling donor projects, conferences and seminars with a regional or international organization is an added advantage.
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent report writing and communic ation skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, organization, and attention to detail.
- Must be highly competent in Microsoft Office.
- Must be pro-active and dynamic with strong inter-personal skills, a high sense of initiative.
- Must be able to work under tight deadnes, willing to work extra hours when necessary and with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel out of station when necessary.
If you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV. letter of interest and letter of recommendation from a professional or academic reference to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted, and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Expected full-time remuneration is USD 1,000 net per month.
Deadline for submission of applications is March 30th, 2012