Level: Global C1
Contract: Open ended; accompanied position
Salary: £24,245 - £30,853 net per annum plus other benefits
Have you managed Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Logistics and Administration Departments before? If yes, this is your opportunity to join a dynamic team working on changing poor people’s lives.
An exciting opportunity exists for a seasoned professional to play a strategic role in the Senior Management Team of the Oxfam’s Kenya programme.
Oxfam in Kenya implements a large and complex programme that incorporates both rapid and slow onset emergencies as well as longer term development and policy work within Northern Kenya (specifically in Dadaab, Wajir and Turkana) and Nairobi. Through a ‘one programme’ or holistic approach, Oxfam focuses on humanitarian, development and advocacy initiatives that ensures long lasting change happens whilst fulfilling Oxfam’s humanitarian mandate.
To help ensure compliance and the delivery of operational responsibilities within a programme portfolio, increasingly implemented by partners and funded by a diverse range of donors, Oxfam is seeking a highly innovative and motivated individual for the position of Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Country Director,
- you will provide overall leadership and management on all aspects of programme support, including managing and contributing to the work of HR, Finance, Logistics & Administration and Fundraising teams.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the functioning of the Kenya programme office to ensure that office systems run in an efficient and co-ordinated manner.
- Working with the Regional Centre IT team you will maintain an overview of information technology and communications requirements and manage their implementation accordingly.
- In close collaboration with the finance team you will be expected to ensure accurate and timely input into the production of financial reports to donors as well as effective tracking and reporting on multiple donor funded programmes, ensuring that the programme is cost effective, efficient and complies with all organisational standards of management and accountability.
- You will identify and design appropriate training for staff and partners in the areas of logistics & administration, finances, human resources and fundraising.
- Bachelor of commerce Degree (Finance, Accounting, HR) or related field
- Previous in-depth work experience of programme service management (human resources, finance, capital assets, information management and logistics) in emergency and/or development context in an international setting is essential.
- You will be required to be an assertive communicator, proven decision- maker and be in possession of excellent people management skills as well as the ability to work innovatively with minimal supervision.
- You’ll have well-developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills and demonstrable ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- An excellent oral and written communications skill in English is essential.
or apply online at www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using REF INT5309.
The closing date for applications is 13th April 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.