Tracking Code: 5043
Candidates must have legal authorization to work and currently reside in either Kenya, Ethiopia or Tanzania to be considered for this position.
In every corner of the globe, PATH works to solve some of the world’s biggest health problems.
As a global nonprofit organization, our mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
Ultimately what makes PATH great is the passion of its people. Thanks to some of the brightest and most dedicated professionals in the world, PATH products and programs are found in more than 100 countries - in hospitals, community clinics, and some of the most remote villages in the world.
PATH’s success is based on our ability to recruit and retain people who meet the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
Our staffing team has a significant impact on solving global health challenges when we hire people with the right skills and an aptitude for collaboration.
The role of the recruiter is to partner with PATH employees to attract and hire top talent. Successful recruiters are strategic advisors who utilize their expertise to guide and support timely and effective talent searches.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Build strong relationships with client teams and serve as strategic advisor on recruiting matters.
- Quickly become knowledgeable about client teams’ projects and labor markets, and challenges to attracting talent to the job, project or team.
- Take initiative to provide innovative solutions to challenges and ensure timeliness and efficiency throughout search.
- Advise hiring manager on networking, sourcing, and recruiting strategies and provide recommendations for attracting diverse applicants.
- Review resumes, interview candidates, lead post-interview discussions, and manage candidate communication and expectations.
- Guide hiring managers to identify a balanced interview team, design an efficient and professional interview process, and prepare interviewers.
- Facilitate approvals, provide hiring team with networking emails and sample interview questions, and schedule interviews.
- Guide hiring manager to make fair hiring decisions and determine competitive offers following PATH practices.
- Negotiate job offer, coordinate reference and background checks, and ensure candidate records are accurate and complete.
- Utilize applicant tracking system from requisition to hire, ensuring compliance with PATH policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Proven effectiveness leading talent searches while demonstrating professionalism, discretion, fairness, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated success working well in a team environment with highly technical and administrative staff while also acting and thinking independently.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working efficiently, productively, and with urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and keep others apprised of progress.
- Demonstrated success exercising sound judgment and applying effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Proven success using online recruiting tools and strategies to identify talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and online sourcing techniques.
- Fluency in French
College degree plus a minimum of five years’ recruiting experience, including job analysis, passive and active candidate sourcing, interviewing, and salary determination and negotiation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please provide a cover letter describing your interest in the position and how your background and work experience qualify you for the role.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Be Determined: Either Nairobi, Addis Ababa or Dar es Salaam