Department:Procurement and logistics
Reports to:Procurement and Logistics Director
Remuneration:1,500 - 2,000 USD per month
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Job Purpose: To plan, organize, direct, controls and evaluates the activities of a purchasing department and develops and implements the purchasing policies of the company.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties): Describe the main roles and responsibilities of this position
- Analyzes market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Controls purchasing department budgets.
- Develops and implements purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in buying and storing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Participates in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Prepares reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Resolves vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Administers on-line purchasing systems.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Locates vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received.
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Prepares bid awards requiring board approval.
- Represents companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
Academic:Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Management
Specialist knowledge required:
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- ICT skills,
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic Thinking