Reports to:Marketing Manager - East Africa
Our client is a worldwide co-leader in the global spirits and wine industry.
The company is primarily focused on premium spirits (the high-margin segment of the industry), and has leading premium brands in all key spirits categories.
The company seeks to establish itself in East, Central and sub-Saharan Africa with its head office Kenya (Nairobi).
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Promotion and Events Manager is responsible for organising, facilitating and attending On & Off trade promotions, liaising with the warehouse with regards to POS, all marketing administration as well as liaison (link) between Sales Department & Marketing Department, as well as Finance Department with regard to processing of payments for all marketing related invoices.
- Liaison with Marketing Manager & Sales reps regarding promotions
- Planning, co-ordinating and attending promotional activities
- Meeting with clients to discuss upcoming events, proposals and follow up
- Visit key customers in order to plan for promotional activity and confirm details and requests prior to every promotion
- Booking of promoters through agencies/ booking private promoters
- Recruitment of promotional staff in line with the image of the brand and target market
- Providing product knowledge and training for promotional staff
- Communication with sales representatives and venue management – send through any relevant opportunities to the Marketing Department
- Arranging pre-promotion branding and merchandising
- Compiling, ordering, collecting and delivery of purchased items for our promotions and events
- Occasional collection and drop off of promotional items
- Purchasing, preparing and organising delivery of hampers
- Preparation of POS items for all wet tastings
- Attend promotions and ensure that promotions are being run according to the agreed mechanics and that promotional people are prepared
- Effectively manage the promotional resources and measure the return on investment for every promotion
- Downloading and organising of photos for promotions and displays in outlets
- Collect promotion & event feedback forms and photos from sales staff who attended events you could not
- Provide the Marketing Manager with a report post every promotion & event
- Submit a “Promotions planned” calendar weekly – this needs to show all promotions planned for the following two weeks.
- Report on regional opposition activity
- Identifying regional events and opportunities
- Handling proposals from venues – reviewing and organising for approval from the Marketing department
- Preparation of required marketing information requested by Head Office
- Monthly Marketing reports.
- Liaise with on consumption merchandiser and check weekly stock on hand report.
- Monthly stocks take for warehouse.
- Manage high value POS quality control. (Branding sign out/sign in procedure)
- Ensure monthly stock take is captured on Compact (internal computer system) of PHO2 warehouse
- Liaise with the Marketing managers for promotional support required
- Supervision of the stock room Controller/merchandiser
- Budget ledger – record Purchase Order and Goods Received Note details and update regional budget ledger as and when expenditure occurs
- Organising payments of promotions – from the initial approval and Purchase Order through to Goods Received and follow up on payments, reconciliation of promotional payments and banking
- Processing of promotional r requisitions and arranging for the collection of these requisitions
- Coding of invoices, organising for approval and sending through to the Creditors department as per Invoice Procedure.
- Correspondence (by fax or email) and the preparation and distribution of documents where necessary
- Routine administrative duties and filing
- Month end accruals
- Excellent planning and organizing skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Word – basic level, Excel and Power point – advanced level, Outlook, Compact (Internal programme)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Degree – Public Relations & Communications or Marketing
- 5 years of experience in the FMCG Environment.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted