Reports to: Sales and Marketing manager
Based in: Mombasa
Job purpose: To plan and carry out direct and indirect marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of our product range in Kenya and its environment, in accordance with agreed business plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop a computerized customer and prospect database.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities (principally direct mail) to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to major accounts.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone, and personal visits.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales reporting purposes.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Manage the external marketing agency activities of telemarketing and research.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Well presented and businesslike.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the Kenya.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Must be mature and domestically secure.
- Able to spend one or two nights away per month without upsetting domestic situation.
- Able to commute reliably to office base.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Able to communicate and motivate via written media.
- Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc.
- Appreciates need for consistency within company's branding and marketing mix, especially PR and the Internet.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc.
- Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Able to demonstrate success in day to day activities.
- Ideal background would be in business support services.
- Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting and managing support telesales staff.
- Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.
The above candidate must have a minimum of diploma or degree in sales and marketing related field and at least three years experience working as a sales person in a busy organization.
Experience in hospitality industry will be given the first priority.
If you are up to task and you meet the above qualification please send your CV and a detailed application letter showing your current remuneration and your expectation. ;
email@example.com latest 30.03.2012