Department: Sales Division & Marketing
Reports to: The Sales Director
Job Objective:Directing the sales team and providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Salary Scale: Gross of Ksh. 60,000- 70,000/- per month
Commission: Commission to be paid based on the achievement of the department target.
- Developing a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales Team.
- Preparing action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiating and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one review with the Sales Team to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of The Team’s sales and activity performance.
- Provides timely management reports to senior management regarding performance of the regions.
- Responsible for tracking customer information, forecasts and reports, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintaining accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by the Sales Team.
- Assisting the Sales team with the preparation of proposals and presentations. Create budget forecast for the department and Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adherence to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Provide account management to an existing territory
- Responsible for tracking customer information, forecasts and reports and Market Intelligence.
- Responsible to expand and control all department expenses i.e. petty cash.
- Conducting regular department meetings and forward the minutes to the Sales Director
- Any other responsibilities that may be given to you by the Management.
- Insuring that all the Sales Team meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegating authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Setting examples for The Sales Team in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducting regular coaching and counseling with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintaining contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrating ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- A degree in sales from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Must have a proven sales record of 4 years and above.
- Must be Aggressive & Passionate about sales.
- Must be hands on team leader.
- Excellent networking skills will be an added advantage.
- Able to work with minimum or no supervision.