We are a member of Save the Children International, the world’s leading independent organization for children.
Based in Meru, the Community Care and Support Project Assistant will support implementation of a community care and support project for vulnerable children and adults infected and affected by HIV and AIDS pandemic.
Expanding the reach of our AIDS, Population and Health Integrated Assistance project operating since 2008 in Meru County, the Project Assistant is required immediately for 9 months, renewable to 2013, subject to funding.
- Work closely with the HIV Project Officer to develop project work plans and monitoring schedules
- Mobilize and provide support to project community based partners (PLHIV, care givers, and community based resource persons CORPS). Act as the project focal person for referrals to health facilities and community support systems.
- Prepare reports, generate and document project information and data.
- Assist in the recruitment and registration of project beneficiaries adhering to donor guidelines.
- Responsible to ensure project beneficiaries database is maintained according to donor standards.
- Represent the organization in project meetings and local networks as advised by the HIV Project officer. Attend workshops and training events as requested.
- Degree in social sciences; or relevant diploma with equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working in HIV and OVC project, preferably USAID supported
- Project implementation skills including organizing training sessions; knowledge of child rights and child protection issues
- Experience working with local communities, community mobilization and report writing