Save the Children is made up of 27 member organisations across the globe.
Through Unified Presence, Save the Children aims to create a stronger voice for children by unifying the operations in all countries where more than one Save the Children Member organizations operates.
This will result in one organisation at the national level in each country and a unified Programme delivery structure for all Save the Children Alliance Members.
Save the Children has a long history of working in partnership in Somalia and it is one of the leading Ingo’s working in Somalia for the rights of children.
Save the Children has a unified presence in Somalia and Somaliland since January 2010 and is working in the thematic areas of education (including skills training for youth), health, protection and emergency responses.
Save the children has an operation in Somaliland, Puntland and South Central Somalia.
Due to constraints on security, and the need to liaise with UN agencies, other NGOs and donors the country office is based in Nairobi and senior managers and directors are expected to travel extensively to monitor and support Programme work in all parts of Somalia that are accessible and where security threats are being effectively mitigated.
Job purpose and key accountabilities:
- The purpose of this post is to ensure the Central and South Somalia (CSS) programme adheres to all its grant management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
- The post holder will be responsible for performing a thorough review of all CSS payment documentation including those from partners for adequacy of supporting documentation, accuracy of coding, accountability and compliance with applicable donor conditions and Save the Children procedures and recommend the necessary improvements on a monthly basis.
- The post holder will pay particular attention to procurement transactions to ensure that original documents of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Competitive Bid Analysis and distribution lists are attached to the documentation and applicable budget holder limits have been observed.
- The post holder will prepare a report on a monthly basis of the findings and recommendations for submission to the Donor Compliance Manager.
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting and financial management.
- Computers literate, proficient with excel and computerized accounting packages.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team.
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure; travel to field offices regularly and to meet tight deadlines.
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Applications should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: Friday 6th April 2012.
However, the closing date may be earlier than this date due to the urgency in filling the position.