Finance and Administration Officer
Save the Children works in 120 countries around the world to deliver child rights programs. Established in Kenya in 1984 our programs support education, child protection, livelihoods and interventions.
We are a member of Save the Children International, the world’s leading independent organization for children.
Based in Nairobi, the Finance and Administration Officer will ensure financial accounting that results in production of timely and accurate financial reports prepared for internal and donor use, and to provide human resource and administration support in the management of the Save the Children‘s work in Kenya.
- Work closely with Finance and Administration Manager to implement financial policies and procedures in accordance with donor and agency requirements and in compliance with international standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Undertaken financial transactions, inventory, procurement, and cash management processes; manage accounts payable; prepare payroll;
- Prepare source documents, enter data into accounting system; generate reports for financial management and grant management purposes; reconcile bank statements;
- Support financial risk assessments, monitoring and administrative capacity building for program staff and partners;
- Supervise administrative staff; support HR processes; support annual external audit
- Review expense reports from field office and partners; collaborate with program staff to develop and monitor project budgets
- 5 years experience managing finances for multiple donor/multi-million KSH grants of INGO
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Sun or comparable accounting system; superior skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze data and problem solve; work well independently and perform under pressure.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage staff effectively.