Together with children, we are helping to build a better world for present and future generations by making a reality of children’s rights.
Save the Children in Kenya works in the North Eastern Province (Dadaab, Wajir and Mandera) with Programmes in Child Protection, Nutrition, Livelihoods and Health.
We are seeking a qualified candidates to fill the position of HR Coordinator in our Wajir East Office. This is a 6 months fixed term contract.
The purpose of the position is to coordinate and manage all human resources requirements for Save the Children – Wajir East Area office and implement national policies in accordance with Save the Children policies and practices.
- Supervise closely Wajir East staff leave status ensuring regular updating of the leave database and status report sent out to line managers, track leave in coordination with the HR Coordinator - Nairobi Office and advice accordingly.
- Prepare local employment contracts for Wajir staff upon appointment and maintain an effective contract planning mechanism, ensuring staff are issued with extension letter where required while liaising with the HR Coordinator - Nairobi Office.
- Manage Wajir staff employment contracts records; liaise with the Line Managers and HR Coordinator - Nairobi to ensure timely renewal.
- Prepare HR metrics/reports for the Area Office which include: local recruitments, organizational chart, staff contact list, new entrants and leavers.
- Facilitate and Administer staff medical insurance, ensuring employee insurance eligibility list is current.
- Line management of field support staff; Admin Assistant.
- Assist in the development of induction plans and processes for staff in respective Area Office; ensure that staff are aware of policies and best practices relating to their employment and monitor the effectiveness of the induction processes and feedback to line managers and HR Coordinator - Nairobi for collation.
- Manage disciplinary and grievances issues
- Support in & Conduct HR audits and liaise with all sectors to ensure implementation of audit findings in Wajir East
- Facilitate evaluation of induction processes and monitoring effectiveness of the induction process and feedback to line managers and Area Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, health and safety, security, employment equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- In conjunction with line managers ensure that all staff understand and observe the Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct
- A Degree in Human Resources Management or Social Sciences from a recognized University and Diploma in Human Resources.
- At least two year’s relevant experience in HR/Admin within a busy organisation
- Knowledge of current Kenya employment legislation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good people management and reporting skills
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spreadsheets and word processing
- Excellent report writing and investigative skills.
- Experience of working within a team and team building
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural setting
- NGO experience
- Basic financial skills especially in budgeting
Human Resources Director,
Save the Children, Kenya Programme
not later than 7th April, 2012.
Quote the job title on the subject line.
Due to the urgency to fill this position, shortlisting will be done as CVs are received.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal employment opportunities and the protection of children from abuse.