Company Profile:Our client is one of the largest manufacturers of confectionery, footwear, food and stationery products in Kenya.
Scope: The Senior Human resources partner will be responsible for assisting the Head in overseeing HR functions across all divisions and will be handling HR Officers in each Division and assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
Main Purpose of the Job
The main role of Senior HR is to assist in management of all areas of human resource functions to include compensation management; recruitment and selection; internal and external human relations; policy development and interpretation; training and development; workers' compensation; benefits administration; human resource strategic planning and organizational development.
- Assist in supervision of all human resource activities to include employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, and training and development.
- Liaise with the Group Head of HR in Supervision and management of recruitment process: Interview job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationship with employment agencies, universities and other recruitment sources.
- Assisting in Preparation and maintaining of company salary structure, job documentation, and job evaluation systems. Complete salary survey questionnaires.
- Design and conduct new employee orientations.
- Assist in implementation of appraisal and evaluation systems.
- Assist in management & administration of benefits to employees; serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Gain updated information on labor laws in order to resolve labor relation issues.
- Recommend and develop training and development courses.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Assist in developing and recommendation of HR operating policy and procedural improvements
- Proven skills in Human Resource management.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a staff team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Effective problem-solving and mediation skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning, management and reporting skills.
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning.
- Ability to effectively evaluate current HR practices and procedures and make recommendations for changes.
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to maximize operational efficiency.
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk.
- Effective change management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage productivity and staff strategically.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Must be autonomous, hands-on, and proactive.
- Must possess unquestionable ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Human Resource Management or related business related required
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- IT knowledge required
- 7 years experience 5 of which MUST have been in a Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in an FMCG company preferable
- should have experience in handling 500 – 2,000 employees
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted