TMEA works closely with the East African Community (EAC), national governments, business and civil society organisations. Headquartered in Nairobi with branches in Arusha, Bujumbura, Dar es Salaam, Juba, Kampala and Kigali, TMEA seeks to support East African integration through:
- A reduction in transport and related costs along the key corridors in East Africa;
- Supporting EAC institutions to develop a comprehensive framework for regional integration;
- Supporting partner states to substantially increase the implementation of a comprehensive framework for regional integration; and
- Engaging private sector and civil society to positively influence regional integration policies and practices for growth in trade.
Country Director, Burundi
- Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer - Country Programmes, the Country Director will manage and monitor TMEA’s Burundi programme.
- This includes strategy, planning, and delivery of expected results in the fields of regional trade, infrastructure development, modern customs systems, and institutional development of Government institutions.
- The Country Director will develop an effective programme in line with TMEA’s strategic plan, sound management information and monitoring systems, and strong working relationships with Burundian partners including Government agencies, the private sector, civil society and other East African counterparts.
- The Country Director will identify opportunities for additional investments into TMEA’s Burundi Programme, coordinating with other key partners.
- S/he will source and procure technical experts to assist in the implementation of TMEA projects and external communications.
- Burundi is a demanding environment requiring high personal drive, political sensitivity, initiative and leadership.
- The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree preferably in Economics, Development Studies, International Trade, Planning, Finance or Management.
- In addition, s/he must have at least 5 years work experience in establishing and managing economic development programmes, preferably in trade facilitation, private sector development, infrastructure development, or institutional capacity building.
- The successful candidate will be a strong leader, with proven inter-personal skills in managing multi-stakeholder relationships.
- The post also requires strong programme cycle and procurement management skills, with proven ability in preparing project documents, and monitoring and evaluation systems. Candidates should preferably possess senior experience in Burundi, or within East Africa.
- Language skills in French are mandatory for this position.
Please send us a cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position, and current remuneration.
Your application should include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address, and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate ‘Country Director, Burundi’ on the subject line. A detailed job profile for this post can be accessed on www.trademarkea.com.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 30 March 2012 by 5.00pm East African time. Interviews will be conducted in late April 2012 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Applications received after the deadline time and date will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.