Location: Nairobi, Kenya, Trócaire Horn & East Africa Regional Office with frequent regional
and international travel
Contract Duration:Two (2) Years
Working with local partners, the Trocaire Horn & East Africa Regional Office is responsible for
the management and implementation of Trócaire’s Development and Humanitarian Programme
work in Kenya, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Somalia, and Uganda.
The Role Purpose
This role plans and coordinates all of Trócaire’s humanitarian interventions in the Horn & East
Africa, provides technical advice to programme staff and partners, and builds partner and staff
capacity in the use of international humanitarian standards including; HAP, Sphere, Good
Enough Guide and LEGS.
The Person Specification
- Graduate level education in development studies or a relevant subject at Masters Level.
- Experience, knowledge and skills
- At least 4 years experience in the delivery of humanitarian programmes in a conflict/post conflict setting, with experience of working in partnership and of applying for and managing institutional funds for humanitarian response.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian and development issues, strong analytical skills and good understanding and experience of project/ programme management cycle.
- Experience of using participatory appraisal techniques and monitoring and evaluation processes including financial management and budget monitoring.
- Able to meet the accountability requirements for both donors and affected communities.
- Trócaire recruitment and selection process reflect its commitment to People in Aid Code of Good Practice.
- Prospective applicants must be committed to safeguard children against all forms of abuse and harm by signing Trócaire’s Child Protection Policy.
to the HR & Administration Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 2nd April 2012, 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.