Duty Station:Nairobi, Kenya
Duration of the Initial Contract: 1 Month
Application Deadline: 27th March 2012
UN Women, through its Sub-regional and Country Offices, addresses the gender dimensions of inequality. The Organization has relied on bilateral donors for financial resources and also strengthened its monitoring and evaluation resources in the sub-region, and further developed skills in results-based programming and management.
Currently, UN Women, in terms of resource mobilization is striving to widen and diversify its resource base. It will continue to work with traditional donors to the sub-region but will also explore resource mobilization among new donors.
UN Women is seeking a consultant to design a Resource Mobilization Strategy, Action Plan, tools, and procedures in a way that is responsive to UN Women’s strategic vision and plans, focus areas and programme strengths for the next three years.
The Resource Mobilisation Plan will include a component to easily communicate results to potential donors.
- Holder of at least university degree in the social sciences, gender studies, international studies, development studies, social anthropology or related field.
- Knowledge of UN Women Vision, Mission and Strategic goals.
- At least ten years demonstrable experience in the field of resource mobilization in the development sector.
- Experience of UN system operations and donor assistance in both development and postconflict settings.
- Consultants will be asked to provide evidence of past resources raised for organizations
- Able to demonstrate innovative and cost effective ways of raising resources
Interested candidates are requested to apply with the following to
email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Resource Mobilization.
CV/ P 11
- Proposed work plan
- A brief account of past resources raised including amounts
- Expected fee for the full assignment based on the proposed work plan.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (27th March 2012) will not be given consideration.
- Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
- The full terms of reference is available at http://www.ke.undp.org/index.php/procurements