A medium sized general insurance company with its Headquarters in Nairobi requires aRisk Manager.
The overall responsibility will be to identify, assess, analyze and prioritize all risks that the company may be exposed to and co-ordinate all activities to minimize, monitor, avoid, transfer and control risks.
- A graduate with a business degree from a recognized university.
- At least five years’ experience in Risk Management in the insurance and / or banking industry or any other related industry.
- Professional qualifications in accounting and insurance- CPA (K) and or ACII would be desirable.
- Knowledge of actuarial science will be an added advantage.
- Receive periodic reports from the Branch Managers as prepared by Branch Officers
- Ensure disbursement of resources are efficient
- Prepare budgets in correspondence with the Branch Managers
- To invest company funds with a view to comply with the various sections of the insurance and to ensure maximum returns
- Deal with capital markets
- To prepare both financial and management accounts
- Bachelors of Commerce Degree
- CPA (K)
- 5 years relevant experience
- Understanding of Financial positions as per Government regulations and Insurance Act
- Accuracy in reporting
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in IT and Financial Management Software
The Human Resources Manager
Xplico Insurance Company Limited
P.O. Box 38106-00623,