I. Job Details
This position is for a Claims Officer whose main responsibility shall comprise, but not limited to:
- Review of claims notification received from cedants and brokers
- Maintain proper records of all claims notification and follow up to logical conclusion
- Keep an audit trail of all reported claims
- Ensure prompt processing of all approved claims
- Follow up cash call refunds with cedants and brokers
- Monitor the development of the outstanding claims provision
- Prepare progress reports on claims development
- Collection of claims supporting documents
- Manage the follow up and reconciliation of cash call credit refunds
The post is a PS 1 grade with possibilities of advancement in the Corporation. The successful candidate will have the direct responsibility for managing the claims portfolio.
The successful candidate shall be based in Nairobi (KENYA) with the possibility of redeployment to any of the offices within Africa Re Group.
Main Competencies required for this position
- Good skills in business software tools: Word, Excel, Power Point, RMS.
- Very good technical knowledge of the classes of business (underwriting and claims)
- Good knowledge of reinsurance and retrocession.
- Good reporting skills.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Capacity for analyzing and reasoning
- Capacity for planning
- Ability to train subordinates
- Capacity for taking initiatives.
- Ability to foster cordial relationship with cedants and colleagues
- Should be of high Integrity and have good sense of responsibility
- Should be fluent in English language
- A working knowledge of the French language shall be an added advantage.
Applicants shall be holders of:
- First University degree in relevant field plus Masters plus 3 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience ;
- First University degree in relevant field plus full professional qualification plus 3 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience;
- First University degree in relevant field plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience;
- ACII Professional Insurance qualification or its equivalent is a major requirement.
- Relevant work experience in a claims department of a reinsurance or insurance company is a must. The ideal candidate should have 10-15 years’ experience.
Applicants must be:
- Aged between 34 and 39 years old;
Applications should be sent to the following address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is three weeks from date of advert.