Scope and General Purpose:
To prepare bar, including all necessary mise-en-place for service; and to serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting and maintaining high standards of bar service in assigned area.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relations with both customers and colleagues alike.
- Build strong relationship with both potential and existing clients.
- Using feedback to continually improve the Bars offer.
- Have a good knowledge of all beverages and menus and be able to liaise with the Bar Supervisor for any changes on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all bar areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Serving beverages and associated services to the required standard and ensures current stock levels are maintained
- Ensuring that the cellars and back of house areas are neat, clean and tidy.
- Ensuring correct and accurate billing of all drinks served.
- Attend to customer complaints courteously.
- Helps patrons select beverages by presenting menu; suggestive selling and explaining daily specials.
- Answering beverage preparation questions; offering cocktails and aperitifs; identifying appropriate wines.
- Maintains bar experience by inquiring of needs; removing courses as completed; replenishing stocks; refilling wine glasses; being alert to spills or other special needs.
- Concludes bar experience by acknowledging choice of bar; inviting patrons to return.
- Obtains bar revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; returning change or credit card.
- Protects patrons/guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- At all times to be aware of and practise good customer relations, assisting the guest as required.
- College Diploma in Hotel Management with four (3) years experience in a similar position
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good computer knowledge
Closing date for receiving applications is 13th April 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.