Reporting To:Accounts Payables Manager
Company Profile:One of the largest manufacturers of high quality edible vegetable oils & fats, margarine, and laundry & toilet soaps in the East and Central African region
Job Purpose: Accurate and timely processing, payment and accounting for all supplier invoices. This will also include accurate and timely accounting for VAT and any other taxes and statutory deductions associated with supplier invoices processing and payments
- Maintenance of invoices register and ensure timely and accurate recording of all incoming invoices in the register
- Ensure proper filling and retrieval process for all invoices
- Timely and accurate processing of all supplier invoices
- Ensure correct accounting for VAT and all other taxes and statutory deductions on supplier invoices
- Follow up for supplier account statements from respective suppliers
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of all supplier accounts. Ensure all reconciling items are corrected on time
- Review, check and ensure all invoices and other relevant documents such as GRNs, Service certificates and LPOs are attached before payment.
- Payment scheduling for all supplier in line with company payments policy
- Maintain a log of all disputed invoices and report monthly on actions taken to resolve them
- Ensure supplier relations are maintained and improved.
- Participate in the monthly physical stock take as instructed by the Management.
- Prepare monthly accrual and prepayment schedules for monthly reporting.
- Prepare Accounts Payables schedules and other balance sheet schedules for internal, interim and annual audits and timely resolution of any issues raised from internal review or audit.
- Continuous improvement in accounts payable management
- At least a CPA finalist with excellent academic record with a minimum of 3 years work experience in a large payables section
- Sound understanding of purchasing and Accounts payable process.
- Experience in accounts payable in an ERP environment will have added advantage
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted