Scope and General Purpose:
The F&B Manager is responsible for the efficient operations of the Food and Beverage Division; by ensuring the highest quality of food and beverage service in the hotel.
He/She will also be responsible for maintaining departmental revenues and profit margins, and will supervise and control all catering outlets in the hotel to the required standards, within agreed budgetary limits and other parameters.
Taking charge of banquet, catering, restaurant and kitchen facilities, F&B Manager will ensure company profitability and customer satisfaction.
He/She will manage the and monitor the production, preparation, and delivery of food.
Required to maintain close and frequent customers communication and use guests’ feedback to make necessary provisions to ensure overall satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure prompt, professional and efficient service of all food and beverage in the service outlets and functions.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems.
- To ensure that restaurants and cloakrooms are clean and well maintained that table appointments, including flower arrangements are impeccable.
- To ensure that the F&B team are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
- To ensure that bars and cloakrooms are clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements.
- To develop and oversee staff training to ensure that customers are served in a professional and friendly manner.
- To ensure that room service orders are executed promptly and that they comply to the required standards.
- To ensure the efficient running of the banqueting department and that all banqueting rooms, including cloakrooms, are clean and tidy.
- To ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, correctly stored and issued to the various departments.
- To ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
- To ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
- To attend promptly to customer complaints and ensure that they are resolved effectively.
- To ensure that reports and administration requirements are submitted when required.
- To ensure that the Back of the House Department operates effectively and efficiently.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all management staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effected.
- University degree or College Diploma in Hotel Management with four (4) years experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated quality management and leadership skills, good judgment and common sense
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Sharp minded, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Good organizational and time management skills, with ability to set priorities for self and the team.
- Excellent computer knowledge
Closing date for receiving applications is 13th April 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.