Reports to: CEO
Purpose: Product knowledge and skills are strategic assets that must be developed, managed and protected.
The Head of Product Training, will ensure that all customer-facing staff and product consultants are trained to the organization’s standard and receive continuous learning and development opportunities so that the organization continues to meet its employees and customers needs.
The Head of Training shall also ensure that organization’s Partners receive requisite training to enhance their ability to remain attractive to their own customer base and hence loyal to us.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
In-house staff development and training
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Work with management and function heads to conduct surveys and identify training needs and product knowledge priorities for staff based on strategic needs and other market factors.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using the most effective methods from classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops, as applicable.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Continuously analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Engage Product suppliers to organize and conduct ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Evaluate instructor performance (especially from the Supplier-side) and the effectiveness of their training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Coordinate established courses with technical and professional courses provided by other technical bodies where required.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
- Report on the status of staff training programmes on a weekly basis.
- Provide strong leadership and direction around Distributor product training program and solutions.
- Ensure that training program are implemented within the Organization’sDealer Partnership Program and that the sales executives and marketing teams understand, support and are engaged in the process.
- Engage Product suppliers to organize and conduct ongoing technical training and personal development classes for Dealer partner Sales teams.
- Work in partnership with the Organization’sMarketing/Communications Manager to align Partners sales and marketing training activities (where applicable) with overall Organization’s strategy.
- Organize scheduled demo-training sessions at Partner outlets in conjunction with Organization’s Product consultants.
- Leverage new media techniques and digital media to develop creative training modules for Partners.
- Provide regular feedback and insight to Management based upon market place learning's.
- Report on the status of Partner training programs on a weekly basis.
- Experience in sales and technical training with clear progression in terms of responsibilities and scope of roles.
- Education and/or Special Training
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques & where relevant have experience in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Ability to design and facilitate training for managers, supervisors and other staff
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Relevant qualifications and/or training