Duty travel to all institute facilities is required as instructed by supervisor.
i. Overall Duties
- Carpentry, plumbing, masonry work, electrical installation services, for the maintenance of icipe buildings and laboratories.
- Maintain and repair masonry, carpentry, sanitary/plumbing and electrical fittings in all icipe installations.
- Fabricate and repair items used by various research departments for field and laboratory work.
- Paint and refurbish office spaces and common areas.
- Report to supervisor regarding work done and work in progress, and submit duly filled job cards after completion of jobs.
- All assignments done correctly as per job cards.
- Provide a satisfactory level of output.
- Follow and obey the institute’s high safety standards and regulations.
- Ensure cost efficient use of workshop materials and equipment.
- Work in accordance with job schedule, and follow maintenance procedures and guidelines.
- Work with workshop staff and institute employees to provide an efficient maintenance service.
- KCSE and Government Trade Test III in masonry, carpentry, plumbing and/or electrical engineering.
- 2 years proven experience as plumber, mason and carpenter artisan.
- Proven experience in building maintenance.
- Good knowledge of the English language, spoken and written.
- Must possess a valid driving licence with a minimum 3 years of accident-free driving of class E vehicles.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are an advantage.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please send an application with current remuneration package, and a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including telephone, e-mail and fax numbers), to:
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer