i. Overall duties
- Responsible for all plumbing works within the station.
- Responsible for all water works within the station.
- Responsible for all maintenance of water storage tanks in the station.
- Prepare construction sites by levelling, cleaning the ground and laying out work accurately using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, framing squares and string or line levels.
- Carry out excavation works for the purpose of laying foundations.
- Carry out construction of buildings accurately by laying blocks, stones or bricks and other material as per blueprints, plans or drawings.
- Installation of new water pipes, repair of faulty water pipes, replacement of old water pipes and sanitary fittings, and unblocking sewage and water drainage pipes.
- Ensure sufficient supply of treated water for domestic use and raw water for irrigation.
- Ensure that water storage tanks are properly maintained.
- Ensure that water hydrants are in perfect working condition at all times.
- Timely replacement of broken or missing PVC or ceramic tiles in residential houses, offices, laboratories, the guesthouse and clinic.
- Certificate in water works engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years on-the-job experience.
- Skills in fabrication, alteration, repair and maintenance of masonry (such as walls, sidewalks, street curbs, pavements, floors, staircases, sink counters, partitions, manholes etc.).
- Sound knowledge of safety precautions necessary while undertaking construction works.
- Ability to undertake painting works of houses, offices, water tanks etc.
- Knowledge of water treatment plant operations.
- Knowledge of water dynamics.
- Ability to respond to an emergency.
- Fire fighting and first aid skills.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please send an application with current remuneration package, and a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including telephone, e-mail and fax numbers), to:
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer