organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
Based in Kandahar, Afghanistan
Non family assignment
The ICRC Delegation in Afghanistan is seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position:
Your tasks - for further information please refer to ICRC website.
- To improve access to and quality of obstetrical and gynaecological care in Mirwais Hospital, Kandahar.
- Experienced specialist medical doctor, recognized diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology speciality with emphasis in maternal health;
- Previous experience in maternal health care in developing country(ies);
- Able to perform and teach operative care;
- Previous experience in departmental management,
- Previous ICRC experience is an asset but not a pre-requisite;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent command of English;
- International driving licence (valid for manual transmission vehicles, a licence for an automatic ansmission vehicle only is not sufficient);
- Ready to accept unaccompanied posting (no family posting).
Please apply directly through our website www.icrc.org for all details concerning this position and
how to apply (Working for the ICRC – vacancies section).
Only applications received through the website will be considered.
Please note that due to contextual reasons, only female candidates will be considered for this position.