KCA University is a dynamic private business university of choice in Kenya committed to quality service and ethical practices.
Due to its rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit competent, dynamic and business oriented professionals to fill the following positions in its Business Centre – Institute for Capacity Development - ICAD
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Division / Department: Business Development
Job Reports To: ICAD General Manager
Job Purpose: To develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to improve market presence of ICAD for increasing revenue, higher business returns and profitability.
- Developing a marketing plan and strategy for increasing market share and profits.
- Reviewing product coverage and market niche for implementing plans to grow sales volumes and value to ICAD.
- Participating in planning/setting of performance deliverables and business prospecting to identify market niche requirements and develop a shopping list of clients with potential for buy-in.
- Analyzing vital statistics (KPIs) to determine actual business performance and implement improvement measures on areas of negative variance and growth potential.
- Preparing route maps for effective territory coverage and prudent management of operational budgets to minimize expenses.
- Organizing regular business forums with customers to gain understanding of emerging needs and as a way of nurturing close business relations with the clientele in assigned territory.
- Participating in sectoral and national forums dealing with business agenda for business prospecting.
- Undertaking specific research to collect and analyze data on market conditions, client preferences, competitive activity and changes in the industry that may affect sales and advice management.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys for evaluating client perception and satisfaction index for improvement on service delivery standards.
- Strong business management and strategic planning
- Exceptional communication skills
- Customer care
- Proposal Writing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Familiarity with MS Office packages, Excel and PowerPoint
- 3 years relevant experience in business development, marketing especially in services, training
- Proven track record of consistent, high performance in marketing and communications, with strong leadership qualities
- A degree in commerce, sales and marketing (or a relevant business field)
- Critical understanding of sales operations
The Director, Human Resources,
P.O. Box 56808 - 00200,
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th April 2012.