Location: To be based in the Nairobi and Naivasha Office
- Support in providing legal advice to our clients who are women and girls survivors of Gender based violence.
- Provide trainings on legal representation to our clients who are women and girls survivors of Gender based violence.
- Participate in preparation of pleadings, proofs of evidence and legal briefs.
- Intervene and petition on behalf of the public in gender related issues.
- Take up public interest litigation cases for advocacy.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other NGO’s,Government departments and relevant bodies in gender related cases.
- Undertaking legal research.
- Offering Legal Aid to women survivors of violence.
- Undertaking associated general administration including correspondence, the preparation of reports etc.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate should at least posses the following qualifications and attributes:-
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Law
- Advocate of the High court of Kenya is an added advantage.
- Should have knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring and evaluation.
- Must possess strong writing skills, proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Should be able to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate knowledge and interest in gender and women’s rights issues.
- Results oriented, creative and innovative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a good team player, highly self motivated and self driven.
- Self-motivated, extremely organized, and collegial and have the ability to function.
- Working well under pressure while handling numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Willing to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team.
- The candidate must have demonstrated organizational skills and excellent computer.
- Skills including proficiency Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Impeccable field and internet –based research abilities.
- Ability to work in a diverse team.
- Strong interest in the area of women’s rights and a commitment to the empowerment of women.
- It is also important with good interpersonal skill, co-operative attitude, cultural sensitivity, and positive attitude to working.
- Languages - Excellent writing skills in English, with fluency in speaking Kiswahili.
Applications and all supporting documents must be received by 14th April 2012.
Please submit the full application by email to: email@example.com
Attach your Curriculum Vitae with three references and application letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer.