General Manager - North Coast Beach Hotel
Applicants must be holders of a Masters Degree in Business Studies or a related field from a recognized University and or a Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management or a related qualification.
They must have at least eight (8) years relevant work experience in a busy hotel and have excellent computer and communication skills.
The duties of the applicant will include:
- Coordinating all functions of the hotel.
- Ensuring maximum efficiency and effectiveness in the operations of the hotel.
- Ensure maximum profitability in all the Hotel outlets.
- Coordinating staff training and development in all aspects of the hotel.
- Ensuring cordial relations between the Hotel and clients.
- Handling guest complaints.
- Ensuring achievement of set performance targets for the hotel.
- Preparation of annual Hotel budgets and work plans.
- Holders of additional professional qualification in management such as MBA, CPS, HRM or equivalent from a recognized Institution will have an added advantage.
The terms of service for the above include a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance, in addition to gratuity after two (2) years of service.
The successful candidates will serve on a two (2) year performance based contract.
The application letter should give full details of educational and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to the undersigned.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. Box 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than 20th April, 2012.