Our client is one of the leading power engineering company in Kenya based in Nairobi and deals with projects all over the country
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles and tests experimental motor-control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principle.
- Modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of Electrical Engineer
- Diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion
- Perform routine installation and maintenance duties.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Diploma - Electrical Engineering
- Excellent knowledge in Excel
- Knowledge in AutoCAD
- 5 years Experience
- Valid Driving License
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted