Who you are
A driven young lady or man with a passion to succeed and innovativeness to take the lead and make things happen. You have great writing skills, a good attitude and are proactive.
- Write daily situational reports on issues pertaining to the organizations information and news activities.
- Verify facts and dates using standard reference resources.
- Re-write or modify copy to conform to the organizations house style.
- Select and crop photographs and illustrative materials to conform to space and subject matter requirements.
- Write and re-write document and article headlines, picture and map captions according to house style requirements.
- Occasionally initiative and reply to correspondence regarding material published or being considered for publication.
- Carry out administrative tasks that are related to the editorial aspect of the editorial process such as typing documents, making calls and assisting editors and contributors in gathering information.
- Work with the Managing Editor and Operations Manager to ensure smooth sailing of basic editorial tasks.
- Learn more about the online publishing and subscription process.
- Available to commit full-time for at least three months.
- Able to use basic word processing soft ware with an ability to type at an above average typing speed.
- Outgoing and willing to learn.
- Skilled in reading and writing lengthy documents of a serious or academic nature.
- A degree or diploma in communication, journalism, law, sociology, history or any other writing and fact-finding based degree.
- Experience working on the school paper, as a writer or as a researcher is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
Although this position is unpaid, there will be a daily allowance for transport and lunch.