In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Public Relations Executive
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, the job holder will support the Public Relations Manager to ensure favorable image for the company.
- Monitor the media and collate any information that impacts on company’s reputation;
- Draft Press Releases and other collaterals for the communication department;
- Prepare follow up and tracking reports to gauge public perception;
- Assist the PR Manager to set up meetings and activities to enhance company image;
- Provide general communications assistance to the Public Relations Manager including support to the Social media manager, stakeholder engagement, internet and web, internal communications and communications planning;
- To collect/receive and communicate information that may give Safaricom strategic advantage over it’s competitors;
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, periodic reports within schedule and to standards;
- Create and administer a proper filing system for the PR and Sponsorships section.
- A Degree in Marketing and Communication/Public Relations/ Marketing (Specialization in PR);
- A post-graduate diploma in Public Relations would be an added advantage;
- 1-2 years work experience in a large or blue chip Company in a PR Role/Media Relations role;
- The must be a driven and motivated, can-do, team-player, must be able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills in both English and Swahili;
- Excellent Speech and Writing Skills.
The deadline for application is Tuesday the 10th April 2012.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to email@example.com