Our client, a multinational manufacturer of dairy products, coffee, tea, beverages, chocolate and confectionery is looking for a suitable and well experienced individual for the above position
Main Purpose of the position:
Support & advise the local Management team in all aspects of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) with a strong focus on implementing Market-level initiatives, including developing & driving site initiatives leading to continuous improvement in SHE performance in line with the company’s Continuous Excellence mindset of zero accidents and incidents.
- Direct and co-ordinate the development and implementation of the Country's SHE strategy & program. Recommend Country SHE objectives considering Market and Corporate objectives. Monitor and communicate on performance to improve decision making regarding SHE and to integrate SHE into business decisions
- Ensure adherence to all local SHE related legal requirements and company principles, policies and requirements related to SHE, including NCE, TPM, LEAN, NEMS & NSMS. Manage NIMS as a joint responsibility with Quality. Ensure compliance with SHE-related legal requirements. Develop and sustain a local network (including authorities, other factories, etc).
- Implement, control, maintain and improve the Country SHE Management systems including achieving and maintaining ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 certification in factories and any other required areas (Supply Chain). Support this through developing and implementing specific tools and initiatives as part of the Country's SHE program as well as exercising functional leadership of the TPM SHE pillar.
- Provide coaching & support to the Plant Manager, Plant Management team and Line Managers in order to achieve the Factory SHE objectives and to ensure SHE becomes / remains a line management responsibility. Ensure that SHE performance data is available and correctly managed. Promote the awareness of SHE.
- Champion the Plant's SHE risk assessment & Environmental Aspect evaluation program, including assessment, incident investigation, corrective action and auditing, as well as ensuring a focus on BBS and culture.
- Direct and coordinate all SHE related activities for any projects being implemented within the country. Be a part of the project teams and ensure the vetting of contractors, their induction, safe operation on site, risk assessments and general safe behaviours in line with Nestle policies.
- Ensure adherence to good governance and built good working relationships with external stakeholders including but not limited to local SHE related government organs, relevant industry bodies and other related arms of the government.
- Achieve KPI targets including LTIFr, RIFr, energy, water and certification. Zero accidents, Zero waste.
- Group Audit, internal and external audits (including CARE), self-assessment results and exceptional compliance issues.
- Achievement and maintenance of ISO/OHSAS certification. BBS implementation and sustenance. Driver Safety program implementation. Achievement of set SHE Objectives.
- SHE KPI performance at both Plant and team (NCE Autonomous Maintenance team) level including both lead and lag indicators.
- Audit results, Risk Assessment completed, CAR closeout, complete and timely incident investigation
- Static and Dynamic Risk assessments of all routine and non-routine activities, Safety KPI's and targets on site, inductions and trainings and emergency procedures.
- Reliable contacts in various SHE related government departments.
- Good understanding of Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing Systems as well as Supply Chain and HR processes.
- Good understanding of International Standards including ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Practical understanding of SHE management, including management systems, risk assessment & accident / incident investigation.
- A formal qualification in either OH&S or environment, complemented by at least on-the-job learning or self-study in the other area.
- Developed capability to understand & influence behaviour in an industrial context.
- Developed knowledge of national / state / local legislation & industry codes.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted