With our fleet of 4 x 4 vehicles and excellent services to both local and foreign visitors, we have found a market niche for photographers and FIT clients.
Due to expansion we are looking to employ 1 Operations / Reservations Officer with immediate effect in our branch office in Arusha, Tanzania.
The applicant must be able to do quotations in excel, combined with writing detailed itineraries for tailor made safaris.
He / She must be able to convert inquiries from clients, both on phone and on e-mail into actual Sales.
All booking files must be kept in perfect order and follow ups must be made to ensure that no opportunity for a sale is missed out on.
Excellent tours knowledge (East Africa wide) and an excellent command of the English Language form the basis of our requirements.
The applicant must be able to handle inquiries for Tanzania.
- Responding to inquiries on both e-mail and phone
- Handle FIT and agent inquiries
- Work in a busy environment and be ready to go "the extra mile"
- Ready to work long house and half days on Saturdays
- Have a diploma / degree in Tourism related fields
- Must have experience of a min. 3 years in the position of a tours consultant
- Computer literate in word, excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Design packages for local tourism
- Ensuring that all travel arrangements run according to plan
- Making accommodation bookings, flight reservations and organizing excursions
- Compile costing / logistics for driver’s imprests
- Issue Driver’s itineraries
- Driver/guide briefing for safaris
- Be smartly dressed and presentable
- Have an excellent command of the English Language
- Must be articulate and well spoken, confident
- Must be organized, highly efficient, reliable and diligent
- Must have excellent tours knowledge
- Must be able to work in a busy environment under minimal supervision
- Must possess a strong sense of responsibility and perfection
- Flexible and know how to problem solve
- Candidate should preferably be Tanzanian or have a work permit/ married to a Tanzanian
Sunworld Safaris Ltd.