This is a collection of jobs and vacancies in Kenya and beyond for Kenyans. Find jobs in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru , Nyeri, Eldoret and other major towns.
Feel free to submit jobs vacancies and positions in Kenya or for Kenyans to jobskenya @ ovi.com all at no cost.
Google Web Search
Friday, February 24, 2017
Educate! Innovations Associate Job in Kenya (Open until filled)
Job Vacancy: Innovations Associate
Position Overview: Educate! is seeking an enthusiastic and self-driven Innovations Associate for our Global Team to build out our capacity for monitoring, research and learning for Educate! across our countries of operation.
Educate! lives a culture of data-driven decision-making through best-in-class program performance management and iterative program design based on learning and experimentation.
The Innovations Associate will be at the heart of ensuring high standards and quality around M&E and Innovations with the aim to promote successful learning across the organization.
Educate! is a high-growth, award-winning education social enterprise.
Educate!’s top priority as an organization is scaling in Uganda and expanding to new countries. In Uganda, we took a big leap in 2014 from 54 to 238 schools and over 80,000 students.
In Rwanda, we are taking a different approach by working through government to support the national competence-based curriculum reform for entrepreneurship subject.
In Kenya we are launching a pilot of an impactful skills-based education model improving youth livelihoods in Kenya.
Educate! needs a master trainer who is energized and driven to empower multiple teams ensuring the program creates a lasting impact on students, and a pioneer, knowledgeable in quantitative and qualitative research approaches, to drive program monitoring and learning forward.
Educate! works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities.
Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors.
Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
In 2016 we’re working in 100 schools in Rwanda and more than 350 secondary schools in Uganda reaching over 120,000 students. Our model was proven to have massive impact in a randomized controlled trial.
Graduates earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 64% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected women.
In 2012 Educate! partnered with Uganda’s government to integrate curriculum and a student business club structure into Uganda’s entrepreneurship course nationally, and in 2015 we began serving as a technical advisor to Rwanda on their national curriculum reform.
Educate!’s team includes 100 staff and over 140 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Mulago, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won the 2015 WISE Awards , and was featured by Forbes 30 under 30, Clinton Global Initiative and The Brookings Institution.
Educate!’s vision is to reach one million students annually in Africa by 2024.
Empower in-country teams to lead program innovations
Empower and grow a strong team to lead program innovations in countries
Conduct training needs assessment and design tailored training and coaching approach
Design guidelines and tools to set quality standards for innovations Ensure best-in-class M&E across countries
Oversee M&E management across countries
Ensure M&E Teams are operating with efficient data management systems and are generating high quality data for decision-making
Adapt Educate!’s M&E standards and systems to new countries of operation. Promote effective learning loops through Innovations across countries
Guide Innovations Teams in designing program learning loops across countries
Ensure quality of learning processes ranging from development of tools, implementation in the field to data analysis
Build effective reporting systems to promote learning and strategic recommendations. Build program management systems for effective performance management
Build team capacity across countries to apply effective program management
Review existing program management and reporting systems and lead with recommendations for improvement
Adapt Educate!’s program management systems to new countries of operation
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or similar
Experience with program management ( preferred)
Engaging and interactive trainer with passion for coaching team members
Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative research approaches
High level of proficiency in Windows Excel
Good skills in data analysis presentation and report writing
Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck HERE
Location: Location is Kigali, Rwanda (preferably) with frequent travels across the region
Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
We believe in local leadership — 96% of our staff is African.
Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
You will be asked to upload a resume, and your response to the following questions:
Why Educate!? Why this role?
What was the most creative or original contribution you made to your last organization?
What Is Educate! About?
We’re ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential.
We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
1. We Put Youth First – The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
2. We Are Always Learning – When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
3. We Only Solve a Problem Once – We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
4. We Are Flexible – We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
5. We Exceed Expectations – We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create your own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big! Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do. Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.