This is a collection of jobs and vacancies in Kenya and beyond for Kenyans. Find jobs in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru , Nyeri, Eldoret and other major towns.
Feel free to submit jobs vacancies and positions in Kenya or for Kenyans to jobskenya @ ovi.com all at no cost.
Google Web Search
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Stores & Logistics Manager Vacancy in Kenya
Job Title: Stores & Logistics Manager
Job Objective: To Manage logistics systems, personnel and direct daily operations.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Management of Logistics department by Planning, direct and coordinate warehousing, transportation, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services.
Cost management: deliveries, stringent material control is required to assure company targets are met, i.e spend usage, scrap, inventory levels etc.
Record keeping: Records on stocks for forward and Reverse Logistics
Code of Conduct: Effective and well developed negotiating, influencing and communication skills with distributors and suppliers.
Training & Development: support the whole team to achieve targets set.
Procurement planning; Optimize Inventory levels
Duties and responsibilities:
Management of Stocks and Supplies:
1. Overseeing inventory management by defining departmental strategies for:
Identify warehouses for storages, ensure premises are furnished and made secure for use;
Management of inventory levels, eliminating obsolete material,
Establish tools for stock management and undertake periodic inventories
Manage stock movements and distributions of goods in the framework of activities.
2. To organize the storage and distribution of goods by ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
4. Management of forward & Reverse Logistics for full products as well as accounting for empty returns
5. Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
6. Warehouse and stores management to include:
implementing health and safety procedures;
motivating other members of the team;
ensuring set objectives are met
7. Manage customer service activities including order entry, customer satisfaction, interface with sales, production, labs, regulatory, and quality
8. To support the smooth and efficient operation of supply chain processes, and tasks usually includes:
Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated information systems
Analysing data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand;
Allocating and managing staff resources according to needs
9. Liaising with customers and suppliers on orders and deliveries
10. Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
11. Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records..
12. Ensuring proper and upto date records of stocks
13. Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
Ensuring carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
14. Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness in deliveries.
15. Negotiate with suppliers or distributors to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
16. Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
17. Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
18. Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
19. Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
20. Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
21. Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
22. Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
23. Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
24. Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
The post holder will have:
A first degree in Economics or Commerce, a degree in logistics and/or transport/distribution management or Supply chain management.
Over 3 years’ experience and understanding in Supply management/logistics & procurement.
Must be conversant with import /export procedures and good in record keeping including filing of documents
Transportation -: Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
Production and Processing: – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Warehouse management – experience and knowledge of warehouse/stores management
Management of Material Resources — Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials.
Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Time Management the ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management;
Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team as well as manage people;
Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, negotiation and analytical skills;
Related work experience, such as warehousing, storage, retail or administration
Key Performance Indicators
Efficiency in supply management
Cost reduction in transportation
Control of Waste of raw material
Maintain good business relationship with suppliers and distributors by ensuring deliveries are done on time
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: Sheerlogictalentsourcing4@gmail.com on or before 24th February 2017.